From the very first contact [my husband] felt understood, as we were in crisis mode. Really outstanding services. Thank you so much to the Birthways ladies. We so appreciate your help during a particularly difficult time.
Consultation & Our Warmline
From Surviving to Thriving: Birthways Consultation Services
You can come to us with a range of questions, or one big one. Our support is evidence-based and non-medical and as professional advocates we will help you improve your communication with your health care team, and direct you to appropriate referrals. Our clients have appreciated the support on the following topics:
- Choosing a midwife or doctor
- Wellness in Pregnancy- nutrition and self-care
- Discomforts and self care
- Breastfeeding questions (see our breastfeeding support for more information)
- Sibling preparation for a new arrival
- Layette planning
- Fussy Baby support
- Sleep questions
- Family education regarding perinatal mood disorders
Birthways has created a warmline for our clients. You can access our warmline for lactation and parenting questions as well as a range of topics. Brief inquiries (30 minutes) are available to all of our existing clients and more in-depth phone consultation is scheduled by appointment.