[Our doula] was so sweet and helpful, she helped me enjoy those early days when a new baby can be overwhelming.
Massage and Infant Massage Instruction
Massage for the childbearing year
Birthways offers in-home or in-studio massage and infant massage instruction. We offer package discounts and the opportunity to include therapeutic massage in the course of your labor support or postpartum doula care.
Therapeutic massage offers deep relaxation, reduces cortisol (stress hormones), and aids in reducing pain and inflammation. We find that regular in-home massage can play an important role when mothers are experiencing insomnia.
Infant massage can provide numerous benefits to infants and their parents. Infant massage is proven to be helpful with fussy or high needs infants and infants suffering from gas, colic, or constipation. The massage reduces cortisol levels, improves immunity and supports neurological development.
Massaging your infant builds confidence and attachment and is a useful tool when mothers and infants are struggling to connect or are rebounding from separation or a difficult beginning. Premature infants show greater progress in their growth and development when massage and touch are incorporated.
Benefits of prenatal massage:
- emotional support in time of transition
- relaxation and stress reduction
- increased blood and lymph circulation
- increased immune system function
- reduction of edema
- relief of muscle spasm, strain and carrying increased weight
- development of sensory awareness to prepare for experience of labor
- improved labor outcome with reduced pain perception and shorter labors.
Benefits of post-partum massage:
- gives women the opportunity to process the birth experience
- facilitates recovery through enhanced circulation and lymphatic drainage
- alleviates muscle soreness from labor and breastfeeding
- addresses connective tissue recovery
- supports mind body connection with changes in posture
- stress reduction and improved sleep
- support for mood and wellbeing
Benefits of infant massage
Infant massage can provide numerous benefits to infants and their parents.
- Comfort for fussy or high needs infants
- Relief from gas, constipation or other distress
- Improved weight gain in premature infants
- Improved immunity
- Supports neurological development
- Helps build connection and confidence for parents
Meet Our Therapists and Infant Massage Instructors
Lauren Wiejak, CMT is a Certified Massage Therapist who specializes in perinatal massage. She is an experienced Senior Doula and is versed in all aspects of pregnancy and postpartum adjustment. Lauren is also a Certified Infant Massage Instructor and a mother of one.
Call today to learn more: 888-506-0607 x709.